Importation of cosmetic products
The international cosmetics trade offers a great opportunity for cosmetic companies.
What is an import?
An import is the purchase of goods or services from a foreign country for use in national territory. In the case of importing cosmetics, it is the purchase of the cosmetic product in third countries for sale within the European Union itself. And therefore, the products must strictly comply with the regulations established in the EU.
To import cosmetic products into Spain there are certain requirements:
- To have a qualified responsible Technician to supervise the import and ensure that the current regulations are complied with.
- Establish an organizational structure that guarantees the quality of the products.
- To register in the European Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP).
- To have adequate facilities to carry out the activities of import, control and conservation of cosmetic products.
- Submit the Responsible declaration for the importation of cosmetic products to the Spanish Agency of Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS).
We offer customized services for each company:
- Possibility to act as Responsible Person in the European Union.
- Technician responsible for cosmetic products.
- Preparation of written work procedures describing the activities related to the importation of cosmetics.
- Support in the presentation of the Responsible declaration of importation.
- Review of product labeling to ensure compliance with Regulation (EC) 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products.
- Management of the necessary quality controls to ensure the quality of cosmetic products.
- Preparation of the Product Information file including safety assessment (PIF).
- Communication of products to the European Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP).